Tea and Peppermint Julep Recipe
- Serves 4
- Includes Pure Leaf Mint Flavor Iced Tea
- 3 tbsps. water
- 2 tbsps. sugar
- 2/3 cup mint sprigs (25-30), reserving 4 mint sprigs for garnish
- 1 jalapeño chile, seeded and chopped
- 2 cups Pure Leaf Mint Flavor Iced Tea, thoroughly chilled
- ½ cup good quality bourbon
- shaved or finely crushed ice
1. Place the water, sugar, mint sprigs and jalapeño in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Remove from heat, cover pan and let mint and chile infuse for 15 minutes.
2. Add the Pure Leaf Mint Flavor Iced Tea and bourbon and let sit in the refrigerator for at least one hour.
3. Fill 4 lowball glasses with ice. Strain the chilled mixture into the glasses and place the filled glasses in the freezer for at least 20 minutes, until they become frosty. Garnish each glass with a mint sprig.