Sicilian Lemon and Honeysuckle Sorbet
- ½ cup superfine sugar
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 ½ cups lemon juice
- Zest of 6 lemons
- 2 Thai chilies
- 1 cup cold water
- 1. Finely grate the lemon zest into a pan. Add the sugar, honey and cold water.
- 2. Wearing gloves, split the Thai chili in half. Add to the pan with the sugar and warm over low heat until the sugar dissolves, about 5 minutes.
- 3. Strain the mixture through a fine mesh sieve into a bowl, returning the lemon zest to the liquid.
- 4. Squeeze in the lemon juice and stir well.
- 5. Allow to cool slightly then chill in the freezer for around 30 minutes.
- 6. Transfer to an ice cream machine and churn until it’s the texture of sorbet.
- 7. Place into a plastic container and freeze for 2 hours to firm up before serving.