Scallop Crudo with Green Tea Ponzu
- FOR THE SCALLOPS
- 4 large U10 scallops, thinly sliced
- FOR THE PONZU
- 1 ½ cups Pure Leaf Tea House Collection™ Fuji Apple & Ginger flavor
- ¼ cup white soy sauce
- ¼ cup yuzu juice (can also use lemon juice)
- Combine all ingredients in a non-reactive container and let sit in the refrigerator for 3 days.
- FOR THE GARNISH
- 1 large Granny Smith apple, cut into matchsticks
- 1 large thumb of ginger, diced to 1/8 inch cubes
- 15 blueberries, halved
- 20 small shiso leaves
- 1 tablespoon lime zest
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Fleur de Sel for finishing
1. Prepare all ingredients and set aside in separate containers. Add lime juice and lime zest to Granny Smith apples and toss. Set aside until ready to plate.
2. In a shallow bowl, tile the sliced scallops in a circular pattern. Place the apple, ginger and blueberries on top of the scallops and evenly coat with Ponzu. Season with Fleur de Sel, drizzle with olive oil and serve.