Pure Leaf® Peach Tea Marinated Grilled Pork Chops
- 2 bottles Pure Leaf® Peach, 18.5 oz bottles
- ¼ cup kosher salt
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 teaspoons black peppercorn, whole
- 2 each rosemary, fresh, sprigs
- 2 each thyme, fresh, sprigs
- 4 each pork chops, double cut, bone in
- 2 each peaches, fresh, pitted and sliced into 1/8s
- ½ cup red onion, very thin julienne
- 1 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp. whole grain mustard
- ¼ tsp. rosemary, fresh, finely chopped
- pinch chipotle powder
- pinch smoked paprika
- to taste sugar
- to taste sea salt
- Prepare the brine by combining the tea, salt, garlic, pepper, rosemary, thyme in a small pot and heat until the mixture simmers and the salt dissolves.
- Place the pot in an ice bath to cool the brine. Once the brine is cool (less than 40 degrees) add the pork and refrigerate for 8 to 12 hours.
- Preheat the grill on medium high heat.
- Once the grill is hot, grill the peaches until well marked on both sides and remove them from the heat.
- Mix the warm slices of peaches with the onion, vinegar, mustard, rosemary, chipotle, sugar and salt. Set this mixture aside.
- Remove the pork from the brine and pat dry.
- Grill the pork chops for 5-6 minutes per side, rotating them ¼ turn halfway through or until desired doneness (145°F – 160°F). Remove them from heat.
- Plate the pork and garnish with the peach mixture and serve.