Grilled Chicken Salad Recipe with Pomegranate Tea “Lemonette”
- Serves 4-6
- Includes Pure Leaf Pomegranate Flavor Iced Tea
- 1½ lbs. skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 2 tbsps. vegetable oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- ½ cup diced sweet red apple, such as Honey Crisp
- ½ cup diced jicama
- ½ cup thinly sliced celery
- ½ cup toasted pecans, coarsely chopped
- 4 tbsps. chopped Italian parsley
- 2 tbsps. chopped basil
- 1 tbsp. chopped mint
- 2 tbsps. chopped jalapeño pepper
- 1 avocado, pitted, peeled, and diced
- 4 cups mixed baby salad greens
- ¼ cup Pure Leaf Pomegranate Flavor Iced Tea
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 4 tbsps. extra virgin olive oil
- salt to taste, about 1 tsp.
1. Brush chicken breasts with the vegetable oil and season with salt and black pepper. Grill over medium-high heat until done, about 5 to 7 minutes per side. Remove from grill, let cool and slice or dice chicken breasts.
2. In a large bowl, combine the chicken, apple, jicama, celery, pecans, parsley, basil, mint and jalapeño peppers, avocado and greens; set aside. In a mixing bowl, whisk together the Pure Leaf® Pomegranate Flavor Iced Tea, the lemon juice and the olive oil.
3. Drizzle the dressing into the chicken salad, season with salt, and toss gently until all the ingredients are combined.